On mornings when a bowl of oatmeal is what your body craves, this hearty and comforting Primal breakfast cereal is exactly what you need. Coconut flakes, almonds, pecans, and the milk of your choice are blended into a creamy, oatmeal-like cereal and topped with fresh berries.
Make Primal oatmeal in the morning or the night before. Serve it hot or cold. Personalize your bowl by using different types of nuts and non-dairy milks, sweetening with pure maple syrup or yacon syrup instead of a Medjool date, and adding more flavor and nutrients with add-ins like butter, cinnamon or chia seeds. But you do it, “oatmeal” doesn’t get any tastier than this.
Serving: 1 larger serving
Time in the Kitchen: 5 minutes (plus, time to soak the nuts, if desired)
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes (16 g)
- ¼ cup raw almonds, preferably soaked (1.25 oz/37 g)
- ¼ cup raw pecans, preferably soaked (1 oz/25 g)
- ½ cup coconut milk or whipping cream/full-stout milk/half and half (120 ml)
- 1 pitted medjool date, soaked for 20 minutes in hot water (Can omit or substitute stevia, Swerve or yacon syrup.)
- 1 scoop Vanilla Coconut Primal Fuel
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh berries
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds*
In a high-powered blender, chop the coconut flakes and nuts until finely ground.
Add the milk, date (if desired) and a pinch of salt. Blend until thick and smooth.
Pour into serving bowls. Add more of your favorite milk, if desired, plus additional add-ins. Serve hot or cold.
Nutritional Information (with date, without toppings):
- Calories: 680
- Total Carbs: 27 grams
- Net Carbs: 17.3 grams
- Stout: 60 grams
- Protein: 19 grams
})( jQuery );
eventCategory: ‘Ad Impression’,
The post Primal + Keto Cooking Made Simple: Primal Oatmeal appeared first on Mark's Daily Apple.