1 Of the following antioxidant-rich beverages, which has the highest antioxidant potency?
- Acai juice
- Pomegranate juice
Research comparing the potency of 10 different polyphenol-rich beverages — including acai juice, blueberry juice and green tea — found the antioxidant potency of pomegranate juice was at least 20% greater than any of the other beverages. Learn more.
- Blueberry juice
- Green tea
2 Which of the following statements is right?
- MMR vaccine strains are a perfect match to currently circulating wild type measles strains and therefore offer optimal protection
- A majority of the measles cases reported in New York in the 2017-2018 school year were attending school with religious exemptions and were unvaccinated
- Fully vaccinated children and adults can get wild type measles and infect others without showing any symptoms, as the MMR vaccine strains no longer match currently circulating wild type measles strains
Fully vaccinated children and adults can get wild type measles and infect others without showing any symptoms, as the MMR vaccine strains no longer match currently circulating wild type measles strains. Learn more.
- New York bill A2371, which repeals the religious exemption to vaccination, was democratically voted into legislation by the public
3 Which of the following meat substitutes is made with genetically engineered soy and has been found to contain significant amounts of toxic glyphosate?
- Beyond Burger by Beyond Meat
- Raised & Rooted by Tyson Foods
- Awesome Burger by Sweet Earth owned by Nestlé USA
- Impossible Burger by Impossible Foods
Impossible Foods’ fake meat is made with GMO soy. Testing reveals Impossible Burger contains 11.3 ppb of glyphosate; animal studies show 0.1 ppb of glyphosate can alter function of more than 4,000 liver and kidney genes and cause organ hurt. Learn more.
4 Which of the following groups has seen the highest rise in suicide rate since 1999, and experiences the highest rate of domestic violence and sexual assault in the U.S.?
- Native American and Alaska Native women
Among Native Americans and Alaska Natives the suicide rate between 1999 and 2017 rose 139% among women and 71% among men. Among women, the extraordinary rise in suicide has also been traced back to unusually high rates of violence. More than 4 in 5 American Indian and Alaska Native women have experienced violence, and more than 1 in 2 report sexual assault. Learn more.
- Teenage girls aged 15 through 19
- Non-native women aged 25 through 45
- Female seniors of all ethnicities
5 Which of the following has been shown to ease childhood trauma and help college-aged women struggling with body-image dissatisfaction to develop healthier relationships with their bodies?
- High-intensity interval training
Research suggests yoga can be a valuable aid in healing childhood trauma and sexual violations, and has been found help college-aged women struggling with body-image dissatisfaction to develop healthier relationships with their bodies. Learn more.
- Rock climbing
6 Which type fruit tree is NOT one of the varieties of community trees Rob Greenfield helped plant in Orlando, Florida?
In addition to his gardens, Greenfield helped plant more than 200 community fruit trees in Orlando, including cherry, peach, mulberry, avocado and loquat trees, all of which are marked with a sign that says: “I am a community fruit tree. Please delight in my fruit” — a reminder that food can be available outside of the grocery store. Learn more.
7 In order to avoid health problems and possible nutritional deficiencies, a carnivore diet needs to include:
- Plant foods
- Nutritional supplements
- Steak only
- Food from the entire animal (nose-to-tail)
A nose-to-tail carnivore diet is likely to provide all the nutrients your body needs, but you need to eat all the different parts of the animal, including bone marrow, tendons and internal organs, not just the muscle meat. Learn more.